Saturday, April 5, 2008

Coffee Night With the Girls and Cheating...

I spent last Friday night at a coffee shop with some fellow lez friends of mine. I hadn’t seen them in awhile and it was nice to hang out as well as meet some new ladies too! I met “B” & “J,” two really nice women who I hung out with again at an art festival the next day. Interestingly the initials of their first names are acronyms for …..well, umm..errr, (blow job for the really clueless). Hehehe. Look, at least I didn’t use your real names, just the initials. Okay, okay, slap my behind for attempting to be funny out of simple happenstance. (Forgive me? I know some are rolling their eyes at my weak attempt at humor..oh well).

Our caffeine-induced conversations were all over the place and really; we were just goofing off and not treating ANY particular subject seriously. The one topic that stuck out in my mind was about cheating. The question we posed to each other was “Have you ever cheated?” and is it true that “Once a cheater, always a cheater?” Talk about playing with dynamite.

Out of the seven of us, 3 confessed to having a prior record of cheating. I will plead the Fifth Amendment on this question on the grounds it could be incriminating. Overwhelmingly, everyone agreed that once someone has cheated, they will more than likely do it again. It stood to reason that it was just bound to “happen.” Those that said they had cheated agreed that they might again. Then the conversation went from, okay, if you were seeing a guy (for whatever reason) and were seeing someone else, is it cheating? Interestingly, no one felt that it was. There seemed to be more significance placed on the gender of the indivdual you were with as to whether cheating really occurred (using our lesbian cheating barometer). I guess if you’re a lesbian and find yourself dating a guy, then perhaps you’re suffering from temporary insanity and therefore permitted a lapse of judgement. You get a “free cheating pass,” ‘cuz according to our little consensus, you ain’t cheating. But sneak around on your girlfriend WITH another woman? Biotch, you’re a cheater.

Oh, and we also discussed whether kissing was an act of cheating. After some hilarious banter, the concensus was “yes and no.” If you use tongue while engaged in kissing a nongirlfriend...then, yeah, you’re cheating. If you DON’T use tongue…have at it! Yippee!! You’re not cheating!! I have to keep from chuckling on this one. Ahhh…’twas a fun and and silly night. It was good to share a laugh amongst friends. D

No comments: